Wednesday 10 October 2018

Mexican Lynx Making A Start

I've now started the build and followed the instructions to a fashion beginning with the turret. A few improvements have been made as well as adding a some missing weld beads using stretched sprue. With the barrel & that massive muzzle the turret looks awesome.

On the lower hull you get a choice of suspension units, you can use the normal all in one units or use some nice metal springs. I've used the springs as there is less clean up and the detail looks much better. The units are not movable so the springs are just an enhancement. I've also looked at the plastic tyres, they assemble well but have a different tread pattern compared to the rubber tyres. The tread pattern on the rubber ones matches my references so that's what I'll use on this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment