Sunday 18 February 2018

Forklift, Basework & Ornament Repair

Detail painting continues on the forklift and I'm now ready to start adding wear to the model. The cab window rubbers were picked out with a dark rubber colour and a very fine brush which over a gloss coat is easy.






The Isandlwana base has had a primer coat followed by a coat of dark yellow. I then used burnt sienna and raw umber oils to coat the base. This was then removed using a large flat brush which gives the base a wood effect finish. once dry I'll gloss coat it then continue with the vegetation and rocks. 





And finally I've received yet another broken ornament from my mother in law to repair. This time it's a guinea fowl with a missing leg and broken tail! A simple job this one and I've already added some magic sculpt to make a new leg which I'll shape once cured.



No comments:

Post a Comment