Sunday, 15 December 2013

38t Figure Painting

While I wait for the airbrush part to arrive I have made a start on painting the 38t & valentine figures. The panzer crew are first up and instead of painting straight black this time I have started with a base coat of black & flesh base. I then added shadows with pure black and then highlights with increasing amounts of flesh added to the base mix.  The result has more depth and looks slightly faded too.

They still need some more work and the flesh areas finished off but overall I'm pleased with these. The valentine figure has had the jerkin painted with oils and is now set aside for that to dry before the rest of the uniform can be painted.

So not a bad weekends work especially as the weather here has been foul, high winds and driving rain. Not the sort of weather to be sorting out the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment