Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Distressed Midget

Weathering the sub calls for some restraint as it is so small so I started by adding some chipping and scrapes using some very fine sponge and a fine brush. A wash of paynes grey followed next to give some depth. Once this had dried fully I started adding streaks and stains using burnt sienna and light grey oils. I got to the stage where I thought any more would be too much and stopped. Very pleased with the effects so far.
I will be having quite a bit of time to model at the moment having torn my cartilage in my knee whilst training with my dog. Very painful but at least I have something to keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment