Friday 16 April 2021

Airfix USAAF Military Tractor

Next on the bench and almost finished is this very nice little tractor boxed by Airfix. It's actually a re-box of the Thunder models kit. The detail is superb and the build is super quick as well. There is a small etched fret with treadplates and the instrument panel in the kit as well. You get two marking options, one USAAF and one civilian. 

The only extras needed are some cables and wires for the engine and a fan belt as well. I used lead wire for the wiring and some rigging line for the belt. 







    

2 comments:

  1. I saw this in the background of your supacat photos. I think I have the same model in my stash but not by Airfix but by Thunder Models #35001.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lovely little kit Pete - now all you need is a 1/35 P-47 for it to tow!

    ReplyDelete