Saturday 9 November 2019

Romfell Figure Painting

I've been cracking on with the figure and spent a fair bit of time researching Austro-Hungarian WW1 uniforms as it's something I know sod all about. Once happy with what I discovered I started by using vallejo 869 basalt grey as a base then added a small amount of 816 German WW2 Luftwaffe blue. Next some dark shadows went on followed by some very careful dry brushing with white added to the main colour. 

The sculpting of the figure is excellent and it really comes alive with some shadows and highlights. So just the insignia, face and boots to do now.These CSM figures are a joy to paint.






2 comments:

  1. Like that sculpt a lot, Pete - it's very crisp & the folds & creases of the jacket show up well.
    Bit of a figure painter's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Chris, I do really like these CSM figures to paint.

    ReplyDelete