Saturday 16 November 2019

CSM Romfell Finished

Here's the romfell all finished on it's base after some static grass, carved weeds paint & pigments. The engine side covers are my best guess as they seem to be hinged along the bottom edges. They are just placed and not fixed at the moment until I can find out for definite that was how they were on the real vehicle.

I really enjoyed this kit, the quality of the parts was excellent and the construction was pretty easy. I just love the look of it and hope Copper state models release more WW1 armoured cars in the future.










8 comments:

  1. Another winner, Pete - CSM really have cornered a niche market with their WW1 armoured car models, & the accompanying resin figures are of superb quality. How do you make those weeds for your bases? I remember you saying once that they're carved from sprue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Chris, yes I use stretched sprue to carve plants and weeds. By varying the diameter of the stretched sprue you can make different types of weeds. Next time I make some I'll take so pictures and post them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stuff - I'll look forward to seeing that!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! A very racy looking machine.

    ReplyDelete