Wednesday 29 May 2019

Trumpeter Italian Puma 4x4 AFV

I'm now adding the detail parts and have been bashing away at the rear of the model. The winch assembly was a fiddly bugger to assemble due to all the etched parts but VMS flexy 5K CA worked it's magic for me. Quite a bit of time was spent getting it all lined up properly. Strangely the kit has no tow rope so I used some 0.40mm brass rope from eureka XXL which worked perfectly.

A bit of white work also went on to add missing details. Later I'll have a go at adding some anti-slip to the front of the hull. I'll use the VMS hull tex air for this. I've tried this a couple of times on previous models with mixed results however I think I know what went wrong so hopefully it should work this time! 



2 comments:

  1. That cable dispenser on the RHS rear of the vehicle is truly a work of art, Pete - outstanding PE work.
    Is this kit a command vehicle variant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Chris, it was tricky to assemble & I hate photo etched! The kit's not marketed as a command variant but all the antenna stations are there so if you wanted it would be just a case of adding extra antenna mounts. I'm just building as is however.

    ReplyDelete