I've now completed the build and base after a monster session at the bench last night and most of today. It's great to get back into the swing of things! As you can see I've added some empty shell casings to the base to give the viewer an idea that the vehicle is on the ranges.
For the casings I used some accurate armour rarden shells. although 30mm they were the only thing I could find that would work, I think they're close enough to 35mm in this scale to not matter. Painted silver with a drop of soot on the drilled out ends they work pretty well I think. The groundwork is based on various youtube videos I've watched of the real thing firing. Very spartan and with little vegetation so that's what I have tried to replicate. As ever the base was finished off with VMS pigments before the model was fixed in place.
I'm really pleased with the end result and thoroughly enjoyed this kit from start to finish.