Saturday, 13 May 2017

Gama Goat Basework

It's again been a struggle to get any bench time this month, far too much going on socially and domestically plus the mojo has taken a bit of a bashing. Mostly due to me over thinking things, you know what I mean. Anyway I've finally got round to starting the base, as this is an important step in the builds progress I wanted to get this sorted before weathering the goat.

My idea is an elevated base with an agricultural look to it. I came up with the idea of a drainage ditch so started with the plaster culvert and went from there. Foam board was used for the base as it's very easy to cut and glue. I also added some tamiya diorama brick sheeting for the retaining wall. I'm planning on adding some corn stalks in the left hand far corner and a barbed wire fence along the front of the raised section. This should hopefully give it that agricultural look. Lots still to do but at least I'm at the bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment