Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Takom AMX-13/90 Turret Time

The turret is progressing well & I've only added a couple of enhancements so far. The antenna mounts were improved using 0.4 & 0.5mm brass tube as the kit plastic was crap. A couple of stretched sprue weld beads finished them off. The top smoke discharger needed a small shim of plastic card added to the bottom which lifted it away and off of the antenna base. Some etched chain will be added to the dischargers in due course.

There are lots of handles to add to the turret too and here I cleaned up the inner faces of each one then glued them on. Once cured it's a much simpler task to clean the outer faces than trying to do it on the sprues or in your hand. Mr surfacer has also been used on the front of the turret for a bit of texture. There's not really much more to add & I think I will add the searchlight mounted on the turret roof instead of in the stored position. 

A bulb will need to be made for the inner face as the kit part is devoid of detail. A five minute job I predict with a lighter and clear plastic rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment