Sunday 14 April 2024

Kanonenjagdpanzer Paintwork & Figures

The model has now had a good coat of tamiya XF 51 khaki drab followed by a bit of fading adding tamiya Xf 15 flat flesh to the base colour. A quick coat of gloss seals it all in ready for detail painting soon. 




Whilst all that has been going on I've also made a start on the valkyrie figures and was keen to try and replicate the faded coveralls seen regularly worn by 70's and 80's tank crews. I started off painting the driver with one part vallejo 974 green sky and one part humbrol acrylic 72 khaki drill. This gave me a nice faded base coat which I enhanced with darker shadows and lighter highlights using the base tone and various other colours.  





I think the driver came out very well. I'll vary the tone on the other two figures as there is a massive variation to be seen in the colour of these coveralls. Ranging from this very pale washed out colour to an almost field grey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment