Thursday 30 November 2023

Airfix 1/35th Ferret Scout Car Mk.2

Now on the bench is the new Airfix Ferret scout car. Having only recently been released I was very keen to get one after seeing test sprues and details on the Airfix stand at the IPMS Avon show back in August. At only around the £23 mark it's extremely good value for money as well.

Moulded in a light green plastic which shows very crisp and fine details I have however enhanced the kit by purchasing new wheels and a rear grill replacement from Scorpion models. Both are relatively cheap additions as well.

So far it's building up very well, the interior is basic but more than adequate for what will be visible through any open hatches on the finished model. I have thinned down the vision hatches though as they are rather thick. The rear replacement grill is an easy enhancement and looks much better than the kit grill. I've also started adding my own additions in the form of weld lines and tie downs made from thin wire. 








    

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this one, one of my favourite AFVs of all time.

    ReplyDelete