Thursday 3 March 2022

Challenger Figures Done

Just finished off the figures and I'm very happy with the end result. I added a brown/black mix to add some depth to the uniform which worked really well then painted the flesh areas followed by the helmets. The mics are just knocked up from plastic rod & stretched sprue. Note the black boots which are a feature of the Royal tank regiment, the rest of the army now wear brown boots. 

Also painted up the rank slider as per my RTR references. Both figures were then matt coated and the glass for the commanders goggles had a gloss coat of tamiya clear added. Now I really must sort out the base for this project.









2 comments:

  1. I've seen RTR soldiers at CDV wearing both black & brown boots, Pete. As I understand it, they now get a choice of what style of boots to wear depending on comfort/fit for the individual, & what's available in stores at the time determines the colour. There might also be a wearout period for the black ones until stocks are exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it seems to be a bit of a rabbit hole Chris! LOL!

    ReplyDelete