Friday 9 July 2021

Takom M3 Lee Early

In an effort to kick start the modelling mojo I've cracked open the rather smashing Takom M3 Lee early version which seems to be working it's magic on me. So far it's building up very well & I do like all those rivets & screwheads which are done really nicely.

The road wheels and suspension units are made up from multiple parts and are workable but I've glued them all instead as it makes life easier whilst assembling the tracks. The track links themselves look pretty good but I did find that the individual links that go around the sprockets and rear idlers need to have a decent gap between each one. Failing to do this will result in the final track runs not joining and leaving a bit of a gap. 

Once in place they look good though so no need to shell out for replacements here. The final model will be painted up as a lend-lease vehicle in Soviet markings which should look good once finished.




















  

No comments:

Post a Comment