Saturday 18 July 2020

Tamiya R35 Painting Begins

I've now started painting the tiny terror by first spraying the lower hull with tamiya XF 58 olive green. I did add a couple of drops of Xf15 flat flesh to this to slightly lighten it. I then sprayed X F21 sky onto the turret and areas on the hull. I then changed to vallejo 977 desert yellow and hand painted those sections on the turret before lining the borders with vallejo black.

I'll give the turret a quick coat of gloss next to stop any paint lifting once I mask it prior to spraying the rest of the pattern on. The hull will be tackled in the same manner. My reasoning here is that by painting the two lightest tones first it's much quicker than trying to add a lighter colour over a previously painted dark one.



No comments:

Post a Comment