Saturday 13 June 2020

M1 Abrams Progress

I'm still battling a distinct lack of modelling mojo at the moment but have started working on the abrams again. Some very subtle fading was added to the base colour using this mixed with tamiya flat flesh which helped break up the monotone look of the model. This was followed by a round of detail painting and track painting.

I've added no chipping at all as I want to show a new vehicle recently arrived in Germany and on it's first exercise. Decals went on next and here I had to find suitable vehicle codes in my spares stash as there are none in the kit. I'll be fixing the wheels and tracks next instead of my usual practice of after weathering. This means I can weather the skirts and upper hull all in one instead of several pieces. 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment