Tuesday 26 May 2020

AMX-10 Colour On

This morning whilst it was still reasonably cool here I decided to get the camo colours on. I started by using the hataka vert fonce IR, bright green to me and thinned this slightly with humbrol acrylic thinners. This worked rather well and the paint sprayed on beautifully. The shade of green is spot on for the real colour which is very vivid.

Next I tried the hataka brown but I found this too dark so instead gunze H310 brown was used with a few drops of tamiya XF-68 NATO brown added. This produced a nice bright colour which I was happy with. The black was just straight tamiya XF-69 NATO black. Im very happy with the colours and the pattern is very pleasing to the eye. A little bit of touching up is all that's needed now to finish off the painting.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I enjoy following your progress with these hideously complicated looking kits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Tim glad you are enjoying the build.

    ReplyDelete