The model is now starting to take shape with all the parts going onto the hull. I've used fine wire for tie downs around the front of the hull and added a missing bulge on the commanders station. The rear propeller guards are tricky to assemble using as they do three parts for each guard. Clean up of seam lines is best done on the sprues before careful removal and fitting. I found it best to add the two rudders after the guards were in place.
More study of my references has thrown up an issue with my choice of wheels. The DEF set is actually not suitable for ASLAV having an outer ring of bolts. The trumpeter hubs have the correct pattern so I will use the kit wheels instead. Shame as the DEF ones are smashing.