Tuesday 7 November 2017

Leopard Tracks & A Trip To The Shops.

My cunning plan for the leopard tracks has now taken shape after a set of Master club resin panther tracks arrived in the post. These are really very nice only needing a little bit of clean up on some links, they also just clip together which makes for swift building. The best bit however was they were dirt cheap!

The only slight bit of insanity is the individual track pins which are absolutely tiny. The trouble is the pins are too long and wide to fit snugly into the ends of the tracks. So a simple solution is to just shave off the bolts and glue onto the ends of the links. Something that doesn't take too long with such a short run of track. So one run done already,






I also went out shopping today as my original plan was to go to Ikea in Bristol and buy a few photo frames in different sizes for bases. I couldn't be arsed to drive to Bristol as the weather was pretty grim so went to Frome instead. So I paid a visit to Frome model centre, a shop stacked to the gunnels with kits and spent a pleasant amount of time looking at all the kits on offer. 

It's been an awfully long time since I set foot in a model shop and the one thing that really struck me was the increase in prices. I guess we are spoiled now with the availability of kits at below RRP on the web these days. Anyway I spied a rather interesting model and was delighted to see it was under £30. What with my legendary breaking strain of a wet kit kat when it comes to models and my habit of going for a bargain I was at the till before I knew it!


I also popped into an art shop for a look around and came away with these perfect lenses. they are just the same as say little cars lenses but a fraction of the price. Another bargain in the bag and enough lenses to last me for a while!

    
So all in all a very pleasant and productive day. The Husky and Rhino are also being worked on at the moment with a few filters and washes going on. Nothing though worth pictures, I'll post some up once the pin washes and oil weathering have been done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment