Sunday 24 March 2013

Boscombe Down Aviation Collection Visit

Saturday saw me off to the Boscombe Down aviation collection for a visit as the collection is now based at Old Sarum airfield just outside of Salisbury. As my parents where over for the weekend I took my father along as he just loves aircraft of all types. On the day the collection was holding an aero jumble with plenty of stalls displaying all sorts of aircraft related items.



A pleasant couple of hours was spent looking around and discovering the interesting history of Boscombe Down and the important role it has played over the years. The hanger was a little chilly though! One of the bonus features of the collection is that you can actually sit in the cockpits on display! something my dad took full advantage of, here he is enjoying the very limited view of a canberra cockpit,



Well worth a visit in my humble opinion, more info from the collection's web site, www.boscombedownaviationcollection.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment