Wednesday 5 June 2024

Tamiya Martlet Progress

On this eve of one of the most important days in history, D-day 6th June I've finally found the time to update the build progress. I've been having so much fun that I totally forgot to update the blog as I went along. 

It all started with a nice black primer using Mr surfacer 1500 followed by the grey using tamiya XF 22 RLM grey with fading adding white to the grey. Next the green was from tamiya XF 81 dark green 2 RAF with fading using XF 15 flat flesh. Undersides next with XF 21 sky then onto detail painting using various vallejo colours and green stuff world metallics. 

The kit does come with decals for the invasion stripes or I could spray them but in the end I brush painted them on as I wanted a rough look to them very much like the real thing at the time. So far it's gone very well so next I will be adding a gloss coat before applying decals. 











No comments:

Post a Comment