Sunday 15 January 2023

Scimitar Tracks

Time for tracks now and I'm using a set of friulmodel CVR(T) late type white metal tracks. These things are bloody tiny and need some care to fit especially with my sausage fingers! As usual a bit of clean up is needed before assembly but once I get going it takes no time at all to complete a run of tracks. 

I also glued the road wheels and rear idler wheel in place as they have a very sloppy fit. The sprocket was left unglued to make fitting the tracks easier. On offering up the tracks I found that they were far too tight so added one more link. This resulted in the tracks being too loose! 

Typically you cannot adjust the position of the rear idler assembly to assist with track tension so I had to think outside of the box so to speak. My solution was to use two pieces of wood and place them between the underside of the upper hull and tracks to see if this would slightly stretch the tracks. I left this overnight and found that it did indeed work and gave a nice track sag. So one down and one to go!








No comments:

Post a Comment