Saturday 21 November 2020

Abrams Base & Starting Weathering

The base is progressing well and is almost done. I carved some weeds & plants from stretched sprue then added some static grass. Once all painted I masked and sprayed the white line using an off white tone before spraying thinned tamiya flat earth and deck tan mix over the road concentrating on the edge of the tarmac.




Next I've started adding the final weathering to the abrams. Here I'm looking for a very light effect so no pigments are being used this time. Instead I'm using wilder aqualine effects which I thin further with water and build up a dusty effect in multiple layers. The effects I'm using are dark earth, dry earth & light mud. 

They are easy to use and can be reactivated once dry with water so it's easy to blend and even removed if the effect is not to your liking. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment