Sunday 11 October 2020

Armoured Car Paintwork Begins

After a blast of primer I've started the paintwork on the model but immediately hit a bit of a snag. After spraying the first colour I masked up in preparation for the second colour and found that the paint lifted off with the masking tape! Bloody annoying so I had to strip the model back to bare plastic & start again. Luckily VMS clean slate easily stripped the paint off very quickly. 

So this time around I added a few drops of tamiya clear to the paint in the hope this time it doesn't lift once masked. I'm using the Starmer mix for the caunter scheme & the first colour of Portland stone is made up from 6 parts XF2, 1 part XF3 & 1 part XF57. The figure for the model has also arrived and here I spent a fair bit of time cleaning up seams and pin holes. However I think it will work well with the model on a nice base.





 

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice addition to the Romfell and Lanchester you built earlier. I have the Romfell kit but haven't gotten to it yet. I also see a new kit from Miniart - 39005 Autin Armored Car, https://bit.ly/2ImHaDc .

    Right now I'm finishing up the Hasegawa 1/35 Yanmar Tractor.

    Thanks for sharing all these updates.

    ReplyDelete