Monday 21 October 2019

CSM Romfell More Paint & Decals

After quite a bit of masking work I have now sprayed the sides using tamiya NATO black & flat white for the panels. I went for NATO black as I felt it was less intense than straight black and this has contrasted nicely with the grey green. After a blast of satin varnish & an overnight drying the decals have also gone on today. 

I decided to add them now as I was worried they would not go down very well especially over the armoured grill at the front. However they performed brilliantly, they have almost no carrier film and are quite sturdy. Daco medium setting solution worked a treat sucking the decals down over all those rivets and the slats on the grill. I will need to touch up in a few places later with black but I'm delighted with how the model looks.





1 comment:

  1. That looks excellent, Pete - like the way the decals conformed to the hull sides & crew access doors.

    ReplyDelete