Wednesday 6 December 2017

Trumpeter AVGP Husky Late Complete

After another flurry of activity at the bench over the last few days I've now finished the husky. The base was a simple affair with a pallet and small load added as well as the usual carved plants and grass tufts. Whilst working on the base I used some of my new VMS pigments to add the final weathering to the model. I'm very impressed with these pigments, they are very fine and really nice to use. 

I built up some mud in the wheel wells using water then stippled on pigments until any damp areas had been soaked up by the pigments. A lighter shade was used on the upper surfaces to suggest some dried dust. The last thing to do was paint up a period pepsi can and fit the figure on the model. I'm really pleased with this and have enjoyed the project immensely. So much so that I think a Cougar will be finding it's way to the stash very soon. Then I'll have the full house, grizzly, husky & cougar. 













2 comments: