I've now finished off the lights on the model after adding three bars from thin plastic card on each side light / indicator pod. A tricky operation which in hindsight I should have done during construction. However it's done now after much swearing and general mumbling! The figures have also arrived from accurate armour and just the job they are too.
The right hand figure has had the supplied head replaced with a hornet one and I've removed the molded on chest harness and filled in with magic sculpt. Once dry these areas will be refined and chest pockets added.
Next up will be a light dusting with thinned tamiya buff on the lower hulls in readiness for pigments.