Monday 7 August 2023

IPMS Avon Show Report

Yesterday saw myself & Brian off down the M4 to Thornbury for the IPMS Avon annual show. As we missed last year it was great to get back to the show which again used all three halls at the venue. Set up was the usual polished affair for us, we have it down to a fine art now. So that enabled us to have a quick look around before the event was open to the public at 9.30. 

As usual there were plenty of clubs in attendance with a good few from the midlands which was nice to see especially as this provided the viewer with a wider palette so to speak of models to admire. Also plenty of traders as ever with lots of goodies to tempt you into parting with some cash. This year Avon sensibly asked clubs to limit under table sales to one small box of items which was a good idea, and it was good to see everyone adhering to this request.  

From the off we were very busy and the show looked to have a good steady stream of visitors throughout the day. Again it was great to catch up with followers of the blog, especially Rob and his mate John and another long time follower of the blog David. Great to chat to you guys and I'm glad you enjoyed our display. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and had a great time looking at some superb models on display. For once my money stayed in my wallet as I did not even go with a list of possible items I wanted and saw nothing that tempted me this time. So after a very quick break down and pack up of our models it was then just a quick hour drive home tired but happy after a fabulous show. As ever a big thanks to the lads at Avon for their hard work in putting on what must be the biggest show in the south west these days. 





















































































1 comment:

  1. Always inspiring to see yours and Brian's work! I agree good show. Rob

    ReplyDelete