Wednesday 21 February 2018

More Forklift, Basework & Ornament Repair

Very busy at the bench as well as sorting out my stuff for the On Track show this weekend. The forklift first and here I've added quite a bit of chipping to the fork assembly and the small forks using various vallejo colours and a combination of sponge & fine brush. A little of this has also been added to the rest of the body but not much as in service these vehicles look very tidy. 

In fact most of the grime looks like grease build up in my reference pictures so I'll have a go at replicating that. Not much more to do before some light washes are added and staining.




The Isandlwana base has now dried and had two coats of varnish so I can now move onto painting the rocks & stones.



And lastly the guinea fowl ornament has been finished. I said it would be easy and it was! Just a matter of shaping and carving the new leg, filling some gaps around the tail then painting it up to match the rest of the ornament. I now wait with bated breath for the next victim to arrive from the mother in laws! 




1 comment: