Thursday 16 November 2017

Busy At The Bench

Today has been full on at the bench. I started by giving the Rhino a blast of mat varnish after finishing off the oil fading & streaking last night. The effect is very good and shows a nice amount of wear without going over the top. I then carefully removed the masking on the drivers windows and turret cupolas.











I then moved onto the Husky and painted all the shiny bits like the rams on the hiab and fitted all the lenses. I also added the bars on the rear light casings using fine lead wire then picked them out with the hull colour. All the periscopes also got a coat of gloss varnish to finish them off. 









So the Husky is now ready for final mud & dust which I'll do using a combination of airbrush & pigments. The Rhino now needs all the lights added & painted before loads of dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment