Friday 22 September 2017

Takom M47 Belgian Army Complete

The project is now all finished after adding the model, figure and a few other bits to the base last night. The model depicts a vehicle from the 16th division, 5th regiment of lancers, charlie squadron stationed at Ludenscheid Germany circa 1960's.

I am very pleased with this as the whole project has been great fun. I even enjoyed the research aspect of it as I found lots of interesting pictures and spent a good few hours trawling regimental association web sites which were packed with information. The Takom kit was a joy to build having no etch at all in the box. Also what additions I did make were relatively easy to add but do change the look of the tank. 

Finally a big thank you again to Marc Mercier for his knowledge and advice regarding Belgian vehicle markings and regiments.










7 comments:

  1. Just one word my friend : WOOOW 😍
    I hope to see this nice model when you will come for an exhibition in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alain, yes the model will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Can you slow down please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb model Pete. Will you be at Tank Mod on October 7th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid not Terry, we don't go to that show as exhibitors. It will be in Belgium in October at the IPMS Belgium annual show and after that On track in Folkestone in February I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK Pete, thanks for the heads up. I would like to try and get to the Belgian show one year, not sure if I can squeeze that in next month though! I imagine the Belgian M-47 looks good alongside that Belgian M-41 I saw at the Salisbury show this year. I'm slowly progressing with a Retrokit Resin M-75 APC which I plan to do as Belgian. Its a bit of an uphill struggle though ...... ! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete