I've deviated almost straight away form the instructions and have left the wheels off until after painting. This is so i can paint up the disc brakes properly later on. The wheels come with the option of hub caps, as most of my refs show them in place that's what I did. The partial engine is also very nice, just a pity it's hidden under the model.
i also decided to test fit some of the body panels and check for fit. I'm glad i did as the rear cab wall, part D2 just would not fit properly. After a bit of head scratching and checking the real thing out on the web I removed a very small sliver of plastic from each cab side. Part D2 was also trimmed up on the lower portion.
Problem solved it now fitted correctly with no gaps! I also test fitted a cargo bed side and this fitted correctly against the rear of the cab as well, phew!
Apart from this small blip the rest of the model fits like a dream so I'm more than happy to find a fix for this small issue.