On to the figures now and here I first removed them from their bases and mounted on metal pins for ease of painting. After a coat of primer I've now started painting the little buggers. As these are so small I've used a combination of shadows and highlights especially on the flesh areas and webbing. Building up the effects gradually until I get the desired look. The DPM is really not that hard to do in this scale as it's basically just a suggestion of the pattern.
The final step on each figure is to use a very dark green, almost black to line the webbing and various areas of the figures such as arms and pockets. I think the two finished figures look just right and certainly from a normal viewing distance you can immediately tell that they are British soldiers. So two down three to go!