I've now finished the construction phase on the model apart from adding a few bits after painting. On the front I used a mix of spare tools and plastic rod and made straps from lead foil. I then added the internal frame on the inside of the canvas tilt which helps make that area more realistic. The wheels have now been permanently fixed for a strong bond now and to ease painting later. I also added a steering linkage to the front wheels, not 100% but it should do.
This has been a challenging build at times but satisfying never the less. So the model will be off for a wash soon then onto primer and paint!