Here's the latest on the 109. The black was hand painted using a mix of vallejo black and dark rubber. I also used the same mix for the rubber on the wheels. After a coat of gloss I've now got the decals on. Still learning with home made decals and I've found that they don't like too much prodding & poking once on the model. I've had a little bit of bleed on the rear reg number but I can touch that up once they are dry.
I need to sort out some stowage for the rear bins next and get the tools painted up. The gun cleaning rods are causing a bit of a dilemma as I've seen them painted, left in natural wood finish and also seen metal versions in an aluminium colour. Not sure how to go at the moment.