The type 87 is almost ready for the display cabinet. I have now finished off the base and mounted the vehicle plus I've finished the figures. Just need to install them in the turret and it's done. The range sign was made up with plastic and painted, it adds a nice splash of colour to the scene. The figures painted up well too and I'm rather pleased with them.
The chieftain's rear end is now fully detailed and as you can see I used a mix of plastic card and etch to add any missing details. Most noticeable was the "X" pattern on the stowage bins, easily added using plastic card.
The new rear deck had some mesh added then framing from plastic card. It's not quite the same as the eduard mesh but close enough for me.