The last couple of days have seen me working on the base for the Vickers. I decided to slightly elevate the base for this model and incorporate a small ditch at the front. For this I cut some dense foam board and then edged it with plastic card. I then added some polyfilla mixed with acrylic paint and white glue and spread this over the base. Finally some fine sand and stones where added.
The weeds are carved stretched sprune and the reed type plants are Kamizukuri paper items. I plan to have the reeds edging the ditch with a hint of water at the bottom of it.
Once the base has dried I will be adding some static grass then spraying in earth and grass tones.